Spybot Update Problem

Proxy Worm 20:22 03 Nov 03

I have tried many time to update it but it doesnt start and after a while its cancels with a red cross and the has three exclamation marks in the description line?

Does anyone have a somilar experience or a way to solve it?

Regards Bally

MichelleC 20:25 03 Nov 03

Complete uninstall, reboot and reinstall fixed mine.

leo49 20:26 03 Nov 03

Or try downloading from one of the alternative mirrors in the dropdown menu

Proxy Worm 20:28 03 Nov 03

So shall i un-install it then download it or get it of the cover disc again?

LastChip 20:33 03 Nov 03

But, selected the USA as a download site and all was well. I think it's probably just server congestion.

As leo49 has already said, try another site.

spuds 20:33 03 Nov 03

Yes, completly un-install, and use a cd cover disk,which will only takes a few seconds. Downlowding from the internet will take a little longer, depending on your internet connection. Do not forget, to check and reconfigure after new installation.

Proxy Worm 20:37 03 Nov 03

Thanks everyone but the USA mirror worked, its probably somehting to do with there servers.

JIM 20:39 03 Nov 03

earlier today

hoverman Mon, 03.11.03 | 11:56
? ???K??M?
Click on 'Search for Updates' and then on the next screen click on the down arrow at middle top to display list of sites. I do not agree with wizkidwall_03 that Spybot is rubbish. Often it will pick up things Ad-Aware misses, and vice versa.

Chose the

velodrome Mon, 03.11.03 | 02:57
Spybot freezes on updating when the site is busy. Try downloading from a different mirror site - EON (Australia) is pretty good.

hoverman Mon, 03.11.03 | 07:38
I have just downloaded from EON (Australia) with no problem.

leo49 20:50 03 Nov 03

Que?????

keenan 21:37 03 Nov 03

Did exactly the same for me ,just updated now from 'USA' site - no problems. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…