rawprawn 13:45 04 Oct 07

keyloggers, Trojans. Malware.

GasGasOhlins 15:22 04 Oct 07

Thanks for that rawprawn.....
:)

sunny staines 16:19 04 Oct 07

thanks

cocteau48 16:38 04 Oct 07

Thanks rawprawn - and the update a day late too!
I know the point was raised recently about how long the latest version of Spybot was taking to open but I am now finding that it is hogging a large percentage of the CPU when you ask it to do anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled afresh but seems to make no difference. Is anyone else affected? - it is beginning to bug me.

guesswho2 16:48 04 Oct 07

I feel that Version 1.5 has gone haywire. After using Spybot for some years, I have reluctantly uninstalled it.

rawprawn 16:52 04 Oct 07

Yes, it does hog a great deal of the CPU and is very slow to load. I must admit that I don't use it as much as I used to, the performance annoys me so I just use it as a check now every now and then.
I think that the Advanced Registry Doctor that you pointed us to for free, is really very good. Thank you.

Probabilitydrive 17:00 04 Oct 07

thanks...I have to agree with much of what guesswho2 said. Its now slow,no idea what this tea-timer thing is supposed to be doing...Spy-bot lost its old-slipper familiarity and doesn't fetch the papers any longer...There are now faster breeds around...

cocteau48 17:10 04 Oct 07

That's the wonderful thing about this forum - a problem shared may not always be a problem solved but it is at least comforting to know that you are not the only one affected.

sunny staines 17:27 04 Oct 07

c.48

i find it slow to load and often have trouble getting the download dialog box to exit on completion of the download.

cocteau48 17:40 04 Oct 07

sunny staines
That is exactly what I am finding - it would appear that the old faithful prog is not what it used to be.

sunny staines 19:16 04 Oct 07

i never installed "teatimer" so its not that part of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…