Spybot unable to fix

boringstoke 18:53 09 Nov 04

I have ran Spybot a couple of times. It has picked up this and is unable to fix. Any ideas?

CoolWWWSearch.Msconfig: IE context menu item (Registry key, fixing failed)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3842404913-566882636-165725364-1006\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\Search

Eastender 18:55 09 Nov 04

You need CW Shredder click here

VoG II 18:55 09 Nov 04
  boringstoke 18:59 09 Nov 04

I will download tomorrow & report back.

boringstoke 13:45 10 Nov 04

I have tried CW Shredder & coolsearch is still there. Decided to do the following as suggested because I use Avant.

Open Spybot Advanced Mode/ Settings/Ignore Products and scroll down to Coolwwwsearch msconfig/ tick the box.

What damage can coolsearch do if left on my machine?

Cook2 15:50 10 Nov 04

This worked for the DSO Exploit before S&D would resolve the problem.

After Spy Bot searches your hard drive and gives you an error - double click on the file, and open it.

It will show you possibly several files with errors, on the far right hand side you will see a registry symbol. If you left click on it, it will take you into the registry and highlight the file in error. Right click on that file and delete it. Repeat the process to delete the other files. WARNING - only delete the highlighted file.

I tried it, the answer is so simple, and it works.

Hopefully it will work CoolWWWSearch.

Cook2 15:50 10 Nov 04

This worked for the DSO Exploit before S&D would resolve the problem.

After Spy Bot searches your hard drive and gives you an error - double click on the file, and open it.

It will show you possibly several files with errors, on the far right hand side you will see a registry symbol. If you left click on it, it will take you into the registry and highlight the file in error. Right click on that file and delete it. Repeat the process to delete the other files. WARNING - only delete the highlighted file.

I tried it, the answer is so simple, and it works.

Hopefully it will work CoolWWWSearch.

VoG II 17:15 10 Nov 04

Bug in Spybot - see my click here above.

Cook2 17:45 10 Nov 04

DOH! Now you tell me. :)

Cook2 17:45 10 Nov 04

DOH! Now you tell me. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…