spybot is a traitor

ZEROTOLERANCE 00:41 28 Jun 04

evry time i open a browser page, i get a message saying:

spybot wants to download something called double clik,do you want to allow this? double clik is a known threat.

why is spybot the very thing thats supposed to be protecting me, trying to download known threats?
ive tried saying no and yes but it just asks when i open another new page,

any ideas? is it possible spybot has switched allegiance's?

hugh-265156 00:47 28 Jun 04

not sure but could it be its just asking for confirmation?

if you have 'ask for blocking confirmation' ticked in spybot/advanced mode/immunize then it will ask what you want to do.

select 'block all bad pages silently' maybe

kev.Ifty 01:02 28 Jun 04

Spybot is asking you if you want to down laod double click.. you have set it to ask this!
open spybot and click immunise then loook at the browser helper
when you put a tick in the box it gives you some options.... you have selected "ask for blocking confirmation"
remove the tick problem solved
its just doing wot it sez on the tin :~)
Cheers Kev

kev.Ifty 01:06 28 Jun 04

PS

Double click is just a cookie

not a big threat

clear cookies via IE properties

Kev

gudgulf 01:06 28 Jun 04

Alternatively select "silently block" from the dropdown list.It wont bother you again!

hugh-265156 01:15 28 Jun 04

did i not just say that above?

invisible huggy :-)

ZEROTOLERANCE 01:15 28 Jun 04

CHEERS, trumps as usual

Stuartli 09:07 28 Jun 04

Also a case of needing to read the Help pages/configuration instructions before using a utility or program.

€dstowe 09:24 28 Jun 04

Expanding on Stuartli's comment, it is especially important with something like Spybot S&D. There was a notice on earlier versions stating something to the effect of: Use at your own risk.

€d

Stuartli 10:07 28 Jun 04

That was because you might inadvertently delete something that was of value rather than a threat.

ZEROTOLERANCE 14:54 28 Jun 04

bl***y great

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…