Spybot & Spywareblaster

Martin12 12:57 07 Jun 08

I have been using both of these programs for sometime.

Do Spybot offer realtime protection, or only when you scan?

Spywareblaster offers no scan facilty is this realtime or what?

Probably stupid questions but I have always wondered.

Clapton is God 13:14 07 Jun 08

Spybot is a scanner. No real time protection.

SpywareBlaster gives real time blocking (but not scanning) of 'nasties'

Martin12 13:39 07 Jun 08

Why do you immunize as well as update in spybot?

Martin12 13:41 07 Jun 08

I have had a further look at Spybot, what is TeaTimer?

Clapton is God 13:43 07 Jun 08

Because new 'nasties' are hitting the internet every day.

By updating Spybot, its new definitions can scan for those new nasties

Clapton is God 13:45 07 Jun 08

"what is TeaTimer?"

I no longer use Spybot, so can't remember. Wait for someone to come along who does use it.

Or read Spybot's help file or have a look at the website

Stuartli 13:46 07 Jun 08
  birdface 13:49 07 Jun 08

I don't use Spybot either.But when I did I had to turn Tea Timer off as it was causing a few problems.

Liverbird 22:09 12 Jan 09

I used Spybot to remove the new year nasty 2009Virus something or other (I cannot remember its full name)from my granddaughters laptop. AVG couldn't deal with this despite locking a copy of it in the vault. Spybot found ten copies. Anyway someone from a yahoo group that I belong to emailed me to say that Spybot logs which sites you go on so she wouldn't use it. What do you all think about that? If Spybot is in fact spyware, where do we go from here for a good free programme. I've had spywareblaster for a few days and so far so good. I don't mind having to input my passwords every time, as I've had to do since dwonloading this programme. Others may not like this.

Stuartli 00:10 13 Jan 09

I've never had to "input my passwords" with SpywareBlaster installed on my system and I've been using the utility for many years.

I also use Search and Destroy (again for many years), along with AdAware and SUPERAntispyware - the latter is particularly good at rooting out unwanted nasties, even if they are few and far between.

DieSse 00:22 13 Jan 09

"Do Spybot offer realtime protection, or only when you scan?"

Yes it does, via the Immunise feature.

Spybot is now very good indeed, and on a badly infected system I had in recently for repair, was finding many malware entries that Malwarebytes (my second choice) didn't find.

Spybot is NOT spyware. That's a ludicrous suggestion. They may be confusing it with similarly named products.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…