Spybot, spyware blaster updates.

wolfie3000 11:34 16 Apr 09

Morning chaps, new updates for spybot and spywareblaster this morning.

Dont forget to immunize also.

cocteau48 14:26 16 Apr 09

Trawling through the Spywareblaster forum I note that the restricted sites feature of the program only works for those running IE or any other browser using the IE engine..... it does not apply to Firefox.click here
Did we all know that?

Stuartli 14:29 16 Apr 09

Actually the Spybot updates were released, as usual, yesterday (Wednesday) and the SpywareBlaster updates are also from a day or so ago.

But better twice than not at all...:-)

Stuartli 14:30 16 Apr 09

Presumably it would apply though if you use the IE View add-on in Firefox?

cocteau48 14:46 16 Apr 09

Stuartli
"Presumably it would apply though if you use the IE View add-on in Firefox?" - a very interesting point and I am not at all sure of the answer.
I thought that the IE Tab in Firefox was just a very clever way of deceiving a website into thinking that it was being accessed by an IE browser. As its use does not effectively alter the basic engine that the browser is running on then I would have my doubts as to whether it would con Spywareblaster .... but I may be wrong.

Stuartli 16:05 16 Apr 09

See:

click here

(first paragraph).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…