Spybot showing Firewall/Virus disable notify

ivesy 20:05 15 Aug 05

Just ran SPYBOT and I'm getting the following message which I've never had before!

Windows Security Center.AntivirusDisableNotify
Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify.

I can delete it but when i reboot they appear again!

I've also noticed I'm getting IE opening pages by itself which again I've never had.

I've also ran Adaware, A squared, MIcrosoft Antispyware and Mcaffe Virus remover but nothing seems to change!

I've got Mcaffee Firewall Plus and now when I select 'test my firewall' I get the message 'open URL failure'- 'the system cannot find the specified file'.

I'm running WIN XP with service pack 2 and my PC is connected to the Internet thru a D Link Router. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

VoG II 20:10 15 Aug 05

I get this and I ignore it as a false positive. There have been several similar threads about this.

ivesy 20:18 15 Aug 05

Cheers Vog could you point me in the right direction to these threads? So I'm guessing this isn't as serious as it looks then? I have to admit I haven't used Spybot since I got the router about 2 months ago. Still a bit worried about the 'Test my Firewall' not working even though it was until today!

VoG II 20:23 15 Aug 05

Just type spybot into the Search box on the left of the page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…