Spybot search and destroy -Runs slowly and freezes

alternator 14:44 11 Aug 07

Can anyone suggest why when I run Spybot search and destroy it runs pretty slowly it takes approx 5mins to get to 6952/75905 Cool WWW search then it just stops if I click on the stop and try and exit it registers as an unresponding program. It used to run fine, but I have been away for a couple of month and the family have been on the computer, so I am not sure if anything has been changed
I am running XP fully updated, AVG virus checker fully updated and the latest virus scan found no problems.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same result
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dfh 15:28 11 Aug 07

I dont know if this helps but have a look here click here

alternator 15:50 11 Aug 07

nm

alternator 18:10 11 Aug 07

Tried running Adaware and a squared in safe mode them the same for Spybot, but the sympatoms were the same an it froze in the same spot on the scan. 6952/75905 and was still very slow

dfh 18:59 11 Aug 07

Sorry the link was of no help, I was thinking along the lines that you may have had a HT processor set-up as referred to in the last post of my link.
My only other suggestion would be to look around their forum for a possible solution.

alternator 22:15 11 Aug 07

Thanks Marg7 I already ran CWShredder it picked up a copy of click here search and removed it but I am afraid that didn't help. By the look of the website it is not an uncommon problem. I will keep trying and will post back if I have any more luck.
Cheers all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…