Spybot Search & Destroy Help Required

Sibbo 20:22 10 Sep 04

I've just installed the above application and run it for the first time. It shows that I have 5 DSO Exploits that should be removed. What are they and what do they do? To me, the results look like they have something to do with the registry. Will it be safe to remove these?

bertiecharlie 20:27 10 Sep 04

About the DSO Exploits, the following is from Spybot.

"The problem with the DSO Exploit is a little bug. We have already been able to locate and fix it, but unfortunately it was not included with the last update. It will hopefully be with the next one. The DSO Exploit is a security gap in IE. Microsoft did already repair this, so if you have all Windows updates and patches installed, it will not be dangerous for your system. Spybot S&D will still find it, because it contains an invalid value. Spybot S&D just has to reset that value. Unfortunately, in the current version, it sets again an incorrect value, so it is found in the next scan. As explained before, we corrected this but have not commited the update yet."

TomJerry 20:27 10 Sep 04

It is a program bug in Spybot Search & Destroy. I searched web and found this, it seems no need to worry.

stalion 20:28 10 Sep 04

safe to leave them for now

Dorsai 20:39 10 Sep 04

Yes, just ignore them.

there is a way to prevent spy bot reporting them, but if windows is up to date, they are not a problem, just a problem with spybot.

Sibbo 20:58 10 Sep 04

I installed SP2 the other day so I guess I must be up to date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…