spybot search & destroy

nikef 07:40 14 Oct 05

hi, in the immunize section it says 2079 bad products already blocked, 20 additional protections possible please immunize if you want more control on activex protection we recomend javacools spywareblaster click here to visit the home page, my pc is os win/xp do i need this extra protection many thanks

PaulB2005 07:57 14 Oct 05

Yes

Dumble452 07:59 14 Oct 05

Runs in the background and stops the nasties getting on your computer. It seems to be well recommended and is free. I use it and am happy with it. Whether you need it or not is another matter, but I can't remember when I last had a spy-ware infection.

Stuartli 08:15 14 Oct 05

SpywareBlaster is an excellent utility and helps to prevent many of the "nasties" getting onto your system.

But it cannot do the job unaided and other sensible precautions should continue to be taken.

Even more essential is to ensure that all these type of utilities are consistently updated.

Dumble452 08:32 14 Oct 05

Perhaps I am neurotic, but in addition to SpywareBlaster I also run Spyware Guard, Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy, A Squared and Microsoft Antispyware. One application may find what another one misses. This is all in addition to Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security Suite. As Stuartli says it is of paramount importance they are kept up to date along with Windows critical updates.

nikef 09:23 14 Oct 05

hi,thanks to all that replyed, i currently have running on my sistem mcafee internet siute,microsoft antispyware,ad-aware and spybot search and destoy and dont intent to get rid of any,so its ok to download the program mentioned above

VoG II 09:35 14 Oct 05

Yes.

nikef 09:42 14 Oct 05

many thanks vog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…