Spybot S&D- v1.3 Beta 6 - safe?

dagwoood 02:25 11 Apr 04

I came across this site,

click here

and wandered whether anyone on this forum is using this s/w on xp pro. If so, is it stable or has it caused any problems? Does anyone have an idea of the time frame when this version will be available as a fully tested and stable product?

I like v1.2 and from the input of people on the above link the new version is even better but I am a little wary of trying this s/w and have it damage my system(no back up media!).

Any input appreciated, dagwoood.

rawprawn 08:10 11 Apr 04

Good question with sensible reservations, I too will be interested in any responses. I have downloaded, but not installed. At present I am running XP service pack 2 beta, and I don't want to confuse any issues that might arise.

rawprawn 13:17 11 Apr 04

Couldn't resist trying it but I'm afraid I will not be using it. I found three bugs that I can't live with. 1 It wiped out all my cookies despite having selected the ones I wanted to keep. 2 I tried to immunise and got the message 1335 already blocked an additional 193 possible, Please immunise. I did this 4 times with no better result and that was after udating everything online. 3 It creates a system restore point if you fix selected problems & this was left hanging twice.
On the plus side it found 4 bits of spyware that the original Spybot and Ad-aware did not find. I will wait for the definative version.

Dave Bowman 13:39 11 Apr 04

I tried the Beta for quite a while after it was first released, can't say I was over impressed. I sufferd some of the problems experienced by rawprawn.
I think its best to wait for a definitive version which hopefully will not be too long in coming.

dagwoood 16:09 11 Apr 04

Thank you for the input guys, I think I'll hang on for the official release when all the bugs are ironed out. Hope it's available soon.

Cheers, dagwoood.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…