Spybot S&D tea timer

tonyq 18:20 12 Nov 07

Please can some of you users of Spybot S&D advise me on the"Tea Timer" function.
1.Do users use this function or not?
2.Is it possible to disable this function from running?

SANTOS7 18:25 12 Nov 07

What is the Resident TeaTimer?

The Resident TeaTimer is a tool of Spybot-S&D which perpetually monitors the processes called/initiated. It immediately detects known malicious processes wanting to start and terminates them giving you some options, how to deal with this process in the future. You can set TeaTimer to:

* be informed, when the process tries to start again
* automatically kill the process
* or generally allow the process to run

There is also an option to delete the file associated with this process.

In addition, TeaTimer detects when something wants to change some critical registry keys. TeaTimer can protect you against such changes again giving you an option: You can either Allow or Deny the change.

As TeaTimer is always running in the background, it takes some resources of about 5 MB.

click here

the link will show you how to enable/disable it...

Marko797 18:33 12 Nov 07

I have SD but never knew about TT. I have SuperAntiSpyware doing the same thing, so is it best to just have one of these malware progs running?

SB23 18:45 12 Nov 07

If it helps, I posted about this a few days ago, and because I was fed up of the alerts, and the pc running slower, I have now disabled Teatimer, with no ill effects.

VCR97 19:55 12 Nov 07

"...endless loop of blocking messages..." Do you mean the pop-ups at the right side of the screen? If so, TeaTimer probably needs a new system snapshot. Try this: right click the Tea Timer icon in the system tray and select Exit; open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Spybot folder; find TeaTimer.exe and double click. This restarts TeaTimer and gives it an up-to-date system snapshot.

johnnyrocker 19:55 12 Nov 07

i run tea timer with no probs whatsoever and it is set to block pages silently.

johnny

HCOOH 21:27 12 Nov 07

You get the option to not install Teatimer when you instal Spybot.

tonyq 16:11 13 Nov 07

Thank you all for the help/advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos