Spybot S&D problem ?

denchris 18:14 09 May 04

Afternoon all, I have above installed and I`ve used it every Sunday for months, until today...on attempting to run it today it simply will not....it tries to start for a few seconds then nothing...any ideas friends ?

VoG II 18:17 09 May 04

click here maybe?

denchris 18:20 09 May 04

er -- CGI limits ? ? ?

VoG II 18:24 09 May 04

Keep trying the site is busy. Here's what it says.

What can I do if Spybot-S&D flashes and disappears immediately? [link]
This could happen if you enable all of the Program automation settings (to auto-close the program after scan on program start will be removed in the next bugfix).

And due to a bug not reproducable but happening, during some installs random instead of the default settings are applied. In that case, all Automation options could be enabled, forcing the program to scan and exit automatically afterwards. As this will not even allow you to enter the program, you need to reset the settings. There are two ways to do this:

1. You can delete the configuration file (which is named Configuration.ini). Where it is located depends on your Windows version...
For Windows 95/98, the file is located in C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\.
For Windows ME, the file is located in C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\.
For Windows NT/2000/XP, you will find it in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\.
Either delete that file, or edit it (for example in notepad), and set all the Automation values in it to zero.

2. You can download a small tool that will do those changes for you: click here

If this does not fix the problem, your system is possibly infected by the CoolWWWSearch.SmartKiller (v1 and v2). This is a new, really ugly variant of CoolWWWSearch. When running, it will close every browser window visiting an anti-spyware-site. It will even close Spybot-S&D and some other anti-spyware applications as well. So if your copy of Spybot-S&D (or the anti-spyware application of your choice) closes a few seconds after starting, or your browser closes whenever you try to visit an anti-spyware site, check our CWS.SmartKiller removal utility.

denchris 18:38 09 May 04

Thanks for smart reply and answer, Deleted config as suggested and programme ran as usual, all OK...cant think how the change could have happened, but great help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…