Spybot S&D help - DSO Exploit

Sweet Paramania 20:16 27 Jan 05

Have used Spybot S&D v1.3 and keep getting the DSO exploit (5 entries). After I repair and reboot, or rerun the program (can't remeber which) it reappears.

Think I read somewhere that it was a Windows XP security hole - could XP be resetting the reg entries automatically. If so why hasn't MS launched an update to stop this? (I'm up to date on updates btw)

VoG II 20:17 27 Jan 05

Bug in Spybot click here

johnnyrocker 20:18 27 Jan 05

not an ms issue, is a glich in spybot.

johnny.

bremner 20:18 27 Jan 05

The problem is with Spybot not MS. There is a well documented bug in Spybot 1.3

Upgrade to 1.4 and the DSO Expoilts will disappear.

igk 21:03 27 Jan 05

Well I've just spent a day cleaning all sorts of cr*p/adware/spyware/malware/hijackers etc from my son's pc and another day wasted trying to get rid of a "bug" in "spybot" I should have checked here sooner!!!!!!!!!

Jackcoms 21:07 27 Jan 05

"Upgrade to 1.4"

Where from?? Spybot homepage is still only showing version 1.3.

Buchan 35 21:25 27 Jan 05

Sweet Paramania

Unfortunately I`ve got Spybot S&E 1.4B2 and it`s done nothing to remove the problem.

I cannot point you to the place I got it from, there are others better qualified, but I`ve got the same question as you. How does one get rid of this itch? Please don`t say scratch it....:-))

Chezdez 21:28 27 Jan 05

theres a patch out there to solve the problem, but i don't have the link

if i find it, i'll post here

Eastender 21:34 27 Jan 05
  bremner 21:37 27 Jan 05

Download from here click here

It is still a beta but I have been running it for a while and no longer get the DSO Exploit error.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:42 27 Jan 05

Get spybotsd131tx.exe from click here and use it to update your Spybot. The DSO Exploit bug will then be gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…