Spybot - S&D First time user

six-h 21:08 07 Jun 07

Can anyone help me evaluate first problem report?
any advice will help.

p;3 21:38 07 Jun 07

one presumes you did fully update thed program before running it?can you tell us what the report says?

six-h 21:56 07 Jun 07

Yes, I dowloaded it using this months CD then updated it, and ran it.
Problem report found 29 items all red, mostly cookies Only one that I think is benign; -
"Blue Mountain" relating to a free e-card site (Hallmark I think)
One or two that worry me: -
"Win32,Small.ddx"
"WindowsSecurityCentre.AntivirusOverride"

Is there some way of copy and pasting the report,
all attempts at highlighting don't have the desired effect?

p;3 22:25 07 Jun 07

you COULD take a screan shot of it perhaps?

Probabilitydrive 22:31 07 Jun 07

after you ran a scan click on the bar on the right hand side of it interface (it has two little arrows).

This will notify you that "WindowsSecurityCentre.AntivirusOverride" is for your information only and no action needs to be taken.

Repeat the same for all other entries Spybot finds

Mac70 22:36 07 Jun 07

Have a look at this thread
click here

six-h 23:02 07 Jun 07

Probabilitydrive,
Yes , it says "Someone has disabled one or more notifications in security centre"
What worries me is that I havn't, or at least not knowingly. So who or what Has?
Mac70,
Thanks for guiding me to the forum, but this is quickly getting me out of my depth, I seem to be reading more and understanding less, if you know what I mean!
p;3,
Struggling a bit trying to get screenshots onto posting.

Mac70 23:48 07 Jun 07

You should register at MRU
click here

Then read this
click here

and follow the given instrutions. Let someone help you help out.

six-h 00:21 08 Jun 07

Mac70,
I have visited both your links, and found the site Busy in the extreme, confusing and totally in a diferent universe to my own pocket size intelect.
If I could ever get past the registration proceedure, I am sure that I would not be able to understand a word of any advice that I may get!

six-h 01:56 08 Jun 07

Against my better judgement, I registered and wandered aimlessly around the site,for over an hour, could not find anywhere to post a question,and was loathe to follow the instructions you pointed me at, in case something should not be removed, but no one to advise!
I have had to just print off the scan log and exit the programme.
May try again later today!

p;3 04:13 08 Jun 07

you could tell us what antivirus and other protection you are running on there and what windows version and when did you last fully update and run all your protection programs?
the links you have been given above are not specific enough for you
click here

get an HJT log from

click here

and

'Save it to your desktop and then double-click to run it.
It will install the program in c:\program files\HijackThis.
Browse to that location with windows explorer, and double click on the HijackThis.exe program to run. Chose the 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'
That will allow you to save the log to the desktop (or some other place) and leave open a notepad file with the HijackThis log in it.'

post that log in a new thread
here
click here

does that help you a bit better ?

when you have posted you will need to await a helper to get to you ; IF you cannot get the log doen then just post a new thread and tell them what HAS happened and await their help; I hope that help?

please note the contents of this thread too!!!

click here

I do so hope that THAT is more helpful for your need ; please let us know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5