Spybot-S&D ?

Shahid Hameed 00:47 19 Apr 09

Is it safe to uninstall spybot-S&D from my PC( it was pre-installed when I bought my system)?
Will it effect registry values as I had bad experince in past
Reason:Its making my system very slow

Thanks

OTT_Buzzard 00:55 19 Apr 09

i've not known spybot to slow systems down by a significant amount, but no, it won't hurt your pc in any way to uninstall it....

laurie53 08:25 19 Apr 09

Obviously you have your own views`but Spybot is one programme I would be most reluctant to uninstall.

Les28 08:58 19 Apr 09

Have you got the Tea Timer part of Spybot running in the background, this can slow some pc's down.
In Spybot if you expand the Tools + sign, then click on Resident in the list, is Resident Tea Timer ticked?

DieSse 12:11 19 Apr 09

"Reason:Its making my system very slow"

You can't possibly know that, as you have no experience of your system without it installed.

Spybot is one of the last things I would uninstall - I've found it arguably better than Malwarebytes in removing malware (I use it on clients systems when cleaning them up).

However I would agree that Tea-timer is too intrusive for me, so I also suggest you disable it.

Look elsewhere for things slowing down your system.

Shahid Hameed 14:16 19 Apr 09

Many Thanks for your kind suggesions
I know its a great programme- I will disable Tea-timer-hopefully problem be solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…