Spybot S&D 1.2 update problems

mark e 14:13 11 Oct 03

Whenever I try to update the definitions the program freezes & stops responding. I have tried shutting down all other running programs, but that has'nt worked either. Any clues out there.

Mark e

Jester2K II 14:17 11 Oct 03

There was an update yesterday - servers might be busy. Give it a day or two or manually update - at the bottom right of this page click here find the Update Detections download.

VoG II 14:19 11 Oct 03

During update, I get an error message the update is forbidden? link FAQ #020
Some user have reported they are not able to download updates. The 'Search for updates' reveals updates, but they cannot be downloaded. Often a 'HTTP Error 403' or 'bad checksum' is displayed. This has a simple reason - thousands of people trying to download from the default server, which can't handle such a burden. If you try again, have a second look at the menu bar. It has a pull-down item to select a mirror. Click the arrow beside it, and select a different location, where you'll most probably have better chances to download. (Spybot-S&D 1.2 will set a random mirror as the default to better distribute the load)

Current problems with the main installer download have the same reason - the servers not being able to handle such large amounts of visitors. Even the University isn't able to deal with many thousands of downloads at the same time. Please have some patience; more mirrors are being added again.

Lionheart? 14:19 11 Oct 03

Are you trying to download from kolla.de(Europe) I had the same problem, then switched to FXClips(USA)downloaded from them no problem.

mark e 14:22 11 Oct 03

Loinheart? guesed right downloading as I type.

Thanks all.

Mark

mark e 14:23 11 Oct 03

Doh Dyslexic fingers.

I meant Lionheart

Mark

Lionheart? 14:25 11 Oct 03

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…