Spybot-S&D 1.2

hoverman 13:20 30 Mar 03

I have just installed the latest version of Spybot. How do I access settings and tools etc? There are no tabs shown below the 5 icons on the left side of the main screen as indicated in the tutorial illustrations.

muppetmark 13:35 30 Mar 03

which Icons do you have on the left?

are there any tabs above?

leo49 13:57 30 Mar 03

They've introduced 'easy' and 'advanced'modes in this version with all the settings in the latter- try double clicking SpybotS&D.exe in your Progs folder which should open to the 'advanced' mode to allow access.

Regards

Dave Bowman 13:57 30 Mar 03

The shortcut on my install had a switch as follows, /easymode.

I changed it to the following, /advancedmode nad it now opens with all the options showing.

hoverman 13:59 30 Mar 03

The icons are: Search & Destroy, Recovery, Immunize, Update and Donations. There are no tabs either above or below these. I suspect that the illustrations are applicable to an earlier version of Spybot. Am I correct?

hoverman 14:04 30 Mar 03

Many thanks - that's solved the issue.

leo49 14:07 30 Mar 03

As Dave Bowman says check the target properties of your shortcut and simply delete the appended easy switch.

Regards

Stuartli 16:08 30 Mar 03

In Start>Programs Spybot S and D lists both the Easy and Advanced versions - just click on the one you want and delete the other if required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…