Spybot S & D / Ad-aware

Thomo1 11:49 19 Dec 04

Ive just installed both of these to my cousins cpu but i gotta say that i dont like Spybot 1 bit. Thought these ptograms were supposed to bge designed for easy fool-proof use????

I much preter adaware personally and no my little cousin should be able to operate tat without any difficulties.

Is ad-aware a good enough prog to run on its own to detect and repair Spyware?? Ideally i dont want S & D on there when i give it her back!! Also got a2 on there, all because of its easability to use.

Are these 2 enough on there own to prevent and detect spyware.

(Already have a AV and Firewall on there 2!!)

bukkaz 12:05 19 Dec 04

Use them both and have no problem with Spybot. What makes you think it difficult to use?
Also recommend SpywareBlaster and Spyware Guard which stop stuff getting on in first place. They just run in background and all you have to do is remember to check for updates if running the free version.

Mango Grummit 12:06 19 Dec 04

Well I have all three - Adaware, S&D, A2, and generally run them in that order.

Until yesterday, after running Adaware, which on average I guess usually finds four critical objects, the others have found nothing. I was beginning to think the last two were maybe a waste of time. Not now though.

Yesterday Adaware had eight(8) removals and S&D twelve (12). So it seems to be a good idea to run them all. It doesn't take very long to do when all said and done. I can't see why you think S&D is difficult to use though.

Mango Grummit 12:08 19 Dec 04

Oh, like bukkaz, I have Spyware Blaster too. It must have been having a day off yesterday.

mbp 12:11 19 Dec 04

Have you had any prblems deciding which to remove and which to allow? Or do you delete everything that these programs find? Have you suffered any problems after such complete deletions? Are you supposed to know what you are deleting?

Thomo1 12:16 19 Dec 04

on my computer i delete anything that a2, finds. I have Webroot Spysweeper on mine which i purchased, rather than the free versions and i delete everything that finds. Never had any probs!!!!

I installed them all no my cousins computer and spybot insists on telling me there is 5 DSO Exploits when everything is up2date from windows updates to software updates.

I need something simple for her to use cuz its all over her head and. I dont personally find Spybot simple at all, but again i dont want her system vunerable as ive just had to re-install windows on is cuzza 600 infected files and 66 different spyware on her cpu, insluding 4 rogue dialers which stung her phone bill.
She is not computer illiterate AT ALL!!!

VoG II 12:17 19 Dec 04

DSO exploit is a well-known bug in Spybot. Ignore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…