Spybot replacement, to get rid of web junk on pc?

theDarkness 13:03 09 Sep 09

I cannot use Spybot to scan for and delete web rubbish from my computer, as my trial of Kaspersky deleted it in its installation process- after stating it was 'incompatible'. What a cheek! Sounded more like trying to destroy one of its main competitors than anything else.

So what should I use as a replacement to spybot?
Ill get around to replacing Kaspersky once my trial runs out! :) Is Spybot really the best option out there?

civicr 13:12 09 Sep 09

I use spyware terminator which is just as good as spybot . If you go to filehippo it is a free download from there . civicr

tullie 13:16 09 Sep 09

Maybe you had spybot and not spybott s&d?

birdface 13:17 09 Sep 09

Superantispyware has a good reputation.

Woolwell 13:57 09 Sep 09

I run Malwarebytes and Kaspersky and so far Malwarebytes has not found anything that hasn't been cleaned by Kaspersky Internet Suite. I shouldn't be too worried. In my experience a number of these scanners find cookies and alert you to them but most (if not all) are harmless.

CCleaner will do a good job too.

theDarkness 13:19 27 Sep 09

just to say thanks, i opted for the free version of superantispyware:- click here

p;3 13:26 27 Sep 09

Malwarebytes and Superantispyware are a good combination of programs to enhance your computer's security and protection ; you do of course need to keep them up to date ; Malwarebyes scan is best run in Normal mode and Superantispyware scan in Safe mode ; you may wish to activate the Superantispyware's home page Hijacking tool ; open the program/preferences/HiJack Protection and tell it what your Home page should be; if it changes Superantispyware will give you a warning and seek your approval; you can try it and see how it works ; I find it a very useful part of the tool

johnem 20:31 27 Sep 09

You could also use Spyware Blaster, whilst not a cleaner it will protect you computer from spyware. Remember to regularly update the definitions etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple