Spybot related?

ACOLYTE 11:51 18 Nov 05

I have just updated spybot,and shortly after MS Antispy poped up asking me to give permission for a new Trusted site to be added "syserrors.com" i blocked this with MS Antispy as i didnt know if it was added with Spybot or not,i have not had this before after a spybot update,anyone else have this?,and was i right to block it i dont want spybot not to work right if it needs it.

rawprawn 12:12 18 Nov 05

I just updated Spybot, but I have not had any problem with MS Antispy.I think you were right to block it.Why not run Spybot and see what happens. amd so will I.

rawprawn 12:26 18 Nov 05

I have just run it with no problems, so I would think your warning may be coincidental.

ACOLYTE 12:56 18 Nov 05

I ran it as well with no problems,but i dont know where this came from if it wasnt the spybot update,its funny it appeared after i updated.I always immunise after an update i wonder if that was it?,but i do that everytime and never had anything added to the trusted zone before.

ACOLYTE 12:57 18 Nov 05

This looks wierd,this was the site that was trying to add click here i have been there,seems to be anti spy software?

rawprawn 13:22 18 Nov 05

Your right that looks weird, I also imunised so I don't think it's that either. I have to go out now I will come back later to see what is happening.

keewaa 13:41 18 Nov 05

syserrors.com is more like a trojan site. It told me my computer was under the control of another, which I know to be not true and that my computer was at high risk, with a "click here to download protection" link. I would guess that if I downloaded what they call "protection" it would actually be a trojan or virus.

keewaa 13:43 18 Nov 05

You were right to block it, but I would go into MS antispyware events viewer and see what it actually was ... it may indicate that the alert came from some malware already on your computer?

rawprawn 15:23 18 Nov 05

It's areally bad news site click here
type syserrors into google and have a look at the posts. DON'T GO THERE.

ACOLYTE 16:09 18 Nov 05

Well,i run regular scans on my pc with different apps,spybot,spywareblaster/guard,ms antispy,A2,adaware,and AVG,this syserror thing didnt pop up or get detected before,it only appeared after the latest spybot update,it may be that this update added the ability to detect this,whatever it is,i looked in the MS anti spy log for this and it tried to add 2 reg entries i am not sure what the entries would have done but now im glad i blocked it,i have done a system search/scan on my pc and cannot find and thing called syserror on there.

Thx for the info.

rawprawn 18:43 18 Nov 05

I'm sure you did the right thing, I have run all the usual and found nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac