Spybot - registry changes?

Cal 10:41 05 Dec 03

I am bit confused at what I can and can't 'fix' when using Spybot S&D.
I have read from other threads people recommending not to fix and therefore uncheck any item with a blue cube which are all either regisrty keys or registry changes - why does Spybot check these to fix if this is the case?
Also, of the approx 70 items displayed for fixing why are some checked and others not?
I am suffering from an auto dialup at startup and have (I think) disabled all auto connection possibilities within programs so I have turned to Spybot to see if anything hidden is causing this.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Cal.

rawprawn 14:08 05 Dec 03

I have found the safest way to use Spybot is to go toSettings/File sets and untick System internals. That way it doesn't mess with the registry, but would still look for dialers, trojans Etc. I can't really answer your question on which it is selecting, but if you will take my advice Untick System Internals. There are a lot of things that could be causing your dial up problems, do a search for some threads here and see if you can spot any similarities.

rawprawn 14:13 05 Dec 03

click here Excellent advice for tracing dialers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…