Spybot recover doesn't work

derbytrader 10:00 24 May 03

I've just Spybot then went into an application on my PC and instead of firing it up it thought that it wanted re-installing, but couldn't do so as the temporary installation files have been deleted long since. I went straight to recover and told Spybot to recover everything I'd just removed but still no change. Any clues?

rawprawn 12:24 24 May 03

Are you sure that spybot hasn't restored the files, & you have a different problem. Try running S&D again to see if the files you originally deleted are back.

derbytrader 10:00 25 May 03

my fault I guess as I was fairly gung-ho when I saw the massive list after the scan I pretty much said fix the lot. I just ran a check straight after that on some share trading software we've got and instead of loading it,it seemed to think I was requesting it to be installed. I tried recovery immediately this happened but it didn't bring back whatever was required to make it work. Is there any other way of recovering missing/deleted files without Spybot? having said that, I've no idea what has been removed to make it work.

rawprawn 11:56 27 May 03

sorry to be so long in responding, but we have been away. T he only two things that I can suggest is to run scannow & scanreg/fix. I am on XP but I don't know if these work on other OS. For scannow put your cd rom in the drive & let it auto run then exit, now go to start/run & type cmd. now type sfc/scannow it will scan for missing or altered system fies & replace them if it stops & asks for the cd rom keep going on by pressing retry. The second suggestion is go to the DOS command again & type scanreg/fix. If these don't work I think you need someone more advanced than me. If you knew the name of the missing file you could try one of the recovery programs like Restoration, good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…