Spybot...a quick question before downloading

Fateful Shadow 20:16 22 Jun 03

I remember a while ago someone was asking about AdAware and Spybot, and that someone said that Spybot was for 'advanced' (not sure if thats the right word!) users.

Is spybot easy to setup and use?

leo49 20:20 22 Jun 03

Yes - piece of cake.

-pops- 20:21 22 Jun 03

The latest Spybot is dead easy to use and quite safe even though there is still a warning about using it at your own risk. This applies to all software, doesn't it?

Give it a go. It will put everything it finds into a file to be retrieved if you think you need it.

Brian

graham√ 20:36 22 Jun 03

A 14 year-old could use it.

Fateful Shadow 20:42 22 Jun 03

You obviously know my age then don't you Graham :P

Thanks everyone!

anniesboy68 20:50 22 Jun 03

It was me, the someone!!! Yes downloaded Spybot, installed and found a few that AddAware didn't

Fateful Shadow 20:58 22 Jun 03

I got a few DSO Exploits that requires registry changes, and a few other "Replace file" things.

However ALL of them have a red exclamation mark beside them. I it safe to fix them?

microswift 21:30 22 Jun 03

I installed spybot this afternoon and after running it got similar results to those you describe, I clicked on fix, everything then appeared with a green tick, I've had no problems, but as has been mentioned with any software you do things at your own risk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…