SpyBot question please

daisy2bell 15:30 15 Jan 05

Every now and then, I get the message:

"SpyBot Search and Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed." It then gives the option to either allow the change, or deny it.
What am I supposed to do. Up until now I have always denied it.

Taw® 15:40 15 Jan 05

daisy2bell can you pos th what the reg change is.

rawprawn 15:41 15 Jan 05

Open Spybot/ Advanced Mode / Tools / Untick System Internals. I think that will stop your problem, Try, if it doesn't you can revert back.

ACOLYTE 16:27 15 Jan 05

Most reg changes spybot detects are either from programs you have installed or from third party programs that tried to install without your knowledge,in both cases spybot is doing its job and alerting you to this fact,if you havent installed anything that would make a change to the reg then i would say deny the change,but as
Taw® says if you can post what the change was it may help identify the cause.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:31 15 Jan 05

In Spybot > Advanced Mode > Tools

Untick Resident Tea Timer. This will stop the pop us to allow and deny changes being made to your registry.

I keep it ticked as I want to know when changes are being made.

daisy2bell 17:45 15 Jan 05

Thanks Guys

TAW wrote " daisy2bell can you pos th what the reg change is."
Next time it happens I will do so

VCR97 19:48 15 Jan 05

Just in case you are unaware, there is a bug in Spybot relating to this warning panel. If you tick "Remember this decision" and "Deny" it denies the first instance and then silently allows any further instances. See the second post here click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…