//some 3rd party need geo

spybot or adaware.....

herc182 18:28 22 Nov 04

is there any way of adding your own things that you want them to block? i keep getting the same two come up on adaware and just want to add them to say, spybots immunize feature (or syware blaster) so that it will stop them getting onto my computer.

thanks

Dorsai 18:33 22 Nov 04

I dont think so, but what are you trying to block? There may be another way of blocking them.

herc182 18:40 22 Nov 04

Vendor:Tracking Cookie
Category:Data Miner
Object Type:IECache Entry
Size:0 Bytes
Location:C:\...\$$$$$\LOCALS~1\Temp\Cookies\$$$$ [email protected][2].txt
Last Activity:
Risk Level:Low
TAC index:3
Comment:Hits:14
Description:This cookie is known to collect information that may be used either for targeted advertising, or tracking users across a particular website, such as page views or ad click-thrus.

Vendor:Tracking Cookie
Category:Data Miner
Object Type:IECache Entry
Size:99 Bytes
Location:C:\...\LOCALS~1\Temp\Cookies\$$$$$ [email protected][1].txt
Last Activity:22-11-2004 17:54:17
Risk Level:Low
TAC index:3
Comment:Hits:1
Description:This cookie is known to collect information that may be used either for targeted advertising, or tracking users across a particular website, such as page views or ad click-thrus.

there is also another one that has "beet" in it but cant remember exactly what it was (i deleted it). not sure what website would be leaving it....

GaT7 18:49 22 Nov 04

You can setup IE to permanently allow/block certain cookies - see Stuartli's or my post at click here. G

rawprawn 18:52 22 Nov 04

I don't think there is a way of blocking data miner, it's not really harmfull anyway. Just run Ad Aware to delete it. Install Spywareguard and Spywareblaster to augment your Anti adware programs click here and click here

rawprawn 18:54 22 Nov 04

Sorry, I realise that, but it's not always convenient to block all cookies

Dorsai 18:56 22 Nov 04

I think that the reason they are not blocked is because they both have a risk level of 'Low', so it's not worth doing.

One option is in IE's security settings. tools, internet options, and increase the security setting, but as i dont use IE, I cant really explain what the verious options really mean, or what thay will achieve regarding your question.

Sorry.

herc182 18:58 22 Nov 04

ok thanks. i suppose i will just delete it all the time.

thanks

GaT7 19:45 22 Nov 04

rawprawn - sorry, I actually meant setup IE to 'prompt' for cookies & then permanently allow/block the ones you know are harmless/sinister (in the popup dialogue box). By doing this I find I don't keep getting the same cookies to delete each time I scan with Ad-aware : ) G

herc182 19:49 22 Nov 04

ok thanks. although i rarely use internet explorer since firefox was born ;-)

Dorsai 20:00 22 Nov 04

I also have firefox, and use both adaware and spybot.

But i dont keep getting hit by cookies. Perhaps you just need to find where they come from and avoid the relevent site(s).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…