Spybot not enough

Seadog 23:10 27 Jun 04

My son has managed to download some adware/spyware onto his computer that Spybot has found but cannot get rid of. Spybot comes up with several items but says that they cannot be eliminated because they are running (in memory?) and that they maybe removed on restart/check again but this does not work. Also, Spybot gets rid of some but they return on startup, whether or not the computer is connected to the internet, (I am on cable broadband with my sons and my computer connected through a router) could these be generated by the stuff not removed?
His homepage has been hijacked as well by "searchweb2.com" or something similar, plus there is an annoying pop-up that comes up (on or off-line) that both google and panicware pop-up stoppers can't stop!
Anyone recommend a means of removal of this junk please?

woodchip 23:17 27 Jun 04

are you on XP, go to an old restore point before the spyware

VoG II 23:17 27 Jun 04

Ad-aware click here

Download and update.

Then restart and keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows logo loads. Then run Ad-aware in Safe mode.

If that doesn't work try CWShredder click here

If you still have problems, post a HJT log click here

Seadog 23:26 27 Jun 04

Thanks for the links, one of them mentions coolclick here, this is on his computer - a virus? but AVG hasn't picked it up.... anyway will post again if these links don't work.

Woodchip - tried to use system restore but it won't work, says that the computer couldn't be restored to the date selected and so on. Although that may have been cause Spybot was set to run on startup at the time!

Seadog 23:28 27 Jun 04

OOPS!

That cool.click here shouldn't have happened, I meant coolWWW(dot) something.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…