Spybot in the news!!

Tycho 12:40 23 Mar 05

While idly going through the BBC news that I download on to my iPAQ through Avantgo I spotted this headline: "Rise of zombiee PC's 'threatens UK'". I quote a paragraph from about 3/4 of the way through the article:

"The numbers of variants of one creator, called Spybot, has grown to 4,300 in the past six months."

Please tell me tha this is nothing to do with Spybot the spyware detector that I have on my computer.

T

BigMoFoT 12:53 23 Mar 05

Be helpful if we had a link to read...

rawprawn 12:56 23 Mar 05

Don't worry W32.Spybot.DNC is a worm that may be remotely controlled via IRC channels. The worm has the ability to perform distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks and open a backdoor on the infected computers. It also attempts to steal CD keys from some computer games.It just has the same noame. Spybot Search and Destroy. Search and Destroy being the operative words.

AccessMoron 12:56 23 Mar 05

W32.Spybot.Worm is a detection for a family of worms that spreads using KaZaA file sharing and mIRC. This worm can also spread to computers that are infected with common back door Trojan horses and network shares that make use of weak passwords.

W32.Spybot.Worm can perform different back door type functions by connecting to a configurable IRC server and joining a specific channel to listen for instructions.

Tycho 15:22 23 Mar 05

The link that appears on my iPAQ is avsntgo://doc/3/236 which I can't think will be of any help to you, my dear readers. I imagine that a search on the BBC web site may well reveal the article, though.

T

Tycho 15:25 23 Mar 05

Many thaks dfor the information, all. I will sleep peacefully this evening!

T

VoG II 15:28 23 Mar 05

click here for article.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now