spybot lock up

? ???K??M? 23:35 02 Nov 03

Hi ,i have SB1.2 and every time i got to update the defenitions it freezes,can run scans gets to c2lop then seems to freeze but carrys on with scan
i have uninstalled and reinstalled but stilll freezes on web update,any ideas?

Regards.

ton 00:01 03 Nov 03

There is a problem with Spybot which they are working on. In the meantime you can get round it by excluding c2lop.

Start Spybot in advanced mode (start, program) then click on 'excludes'. Now find c2lop in the list and tick.

You should now find that Spybot won't freeze.

? ???K??M? 00:10 03 Nov 03

Hi, i tried that but it stll freezes on web update

Regards.

ton 00:15 03 Nov 03

I just tried the update and had the same problem.
I think it must be a server problem at the Spybot end.
I'll try again later.

velodrome 02:57 03 Nov 03

Spybot freezes on updating when the site is busy. Try downloading from a different mirror site - EON (Australia) is pretty good.

hoverman 07:38 03 Nov 03

I have just downloaded from EON (Australia) with no problem.

Andsome 08:27 03 Nov 03

I always use the Australia link. I have just run a scan and it skipped straight through c2lop without a pause.

wizkidwall_03 08:44 03 Nov 03

try using ad-aware 6 instead
click here

? ???K??M? 11:50 03 Nov 03

Will try the australia link can sone one tell me where i find the link?,and i dissagree think spybot is good and i do use adaware as well and spyware blaster all with no problems until this.

Regards.

hoverman 11:56 03 Nov 03

Click on 'Search for Updates' and then on the next screen click on the down arrow at middle top to display list of sites. I do not agree with wizkidwall_03 that Spybot is rubbish. Often it will pick up things Ad-Aware misses, and vice versa.

? ???K??M? 12:03 03 Nov 03

Thanks to all just updated without any problems from Australia.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced