Spybot information after scan....Advise please.

kev-a 18:25 13 Aug 06

Have just installed Spybot on recommendation.
Apart from a few cookie prob's that were expected it tells me that Windows security is Disabled.
Now i have NAV 2006 installed and am i right in that Windows security and NAV will conflict if run on the same system, I am sure when i set up my WLAN (linksy)there was a fight with the system and i Disables Win Security..

levyo1 18:30 13 Aug 06

dont worry norton will be running in the back ground and there will be no conflict.I run both with no problems plus I also have spybot etc.

Stuartli 18:32 13 Aug 06

Search and Destroy is most likely to be pinpointing the Windows Firewall - if, like most of us, you've disabled this in favour of something superior such as ZoneAlarm, just ignore it.

kev-a 18:48 13 Aug 06

Ah now a can of worms open you have Stuartli.
I used to run Zone alarm on my aged Desktop but that took a dive out the bedroom window one night when it hung up on me once to often..and the zone alarm along with it, I thought that was a good piece of protection but went for the NAV as it was half price when i purchased my Shiney new Laptop..
I am all for Protection and plenty of it, So own to it, Can i keep the NAV installed, Enable Win security and install and run Zone alarms firewall or is that expecting to much ?
I need to keep NAV cause i think it's a good all round program and i've paid for it.
So Win and Zone or only one of em ??

Stuartli 19:02 13 Aug 06

I presume you are talking about the Security Center?

I'm not opening a can of worms at all - it's well known that the Windows Firewall is pretty basic.

The Security Center was part of SP2 when it was launched two years ago and was Microsoft's attempt to boost security levels as much as possible for those who couldn't, or wouldn't, maintain adequate security on their systems.

The firewall was part of those security measures but those in the know Disabled it and stuck to ZoneAlarm and similar firewalls.

IIRC NAV 2006 is an Anti-Virus utility and in some cases ZoneAlarm doesn't "recognise" installed AV measures.

Again you just ignore the ZA warnings as ZoneLabs admits/admitted the problem.

VCR97 20:01 14 Aug 06
  kev-a 22:27 14 Aug 06

Thankyou VCR97 that was most helpful, Thats something else sorted.
Ta
Zone Alarm now my Firewall very nice...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5