SpyBot: Immunize or Not??? Help Please.

Green 1 02:30 02 Nov 04

I am unsure as to whether to use this or not, am I safer with it turned ON or not? and the last time I tried this it would not let me onto the PCA site and I had to take it off my pc and reload it again. As you will see I`m not too good with pc`s simple answers please. Many thanks for any replies I may get.

User-312386 04:14 02 Nov 04

yes immunize

Andsome 08:08 02 Nov 04

Every single time you download an update to this program, click on immunise, and ensure that all bad products are blocked. This is the whole point of the program. After doing this run a scan. Also install Spyware blaster. Update this regularly. This program does not scan, its purpose is to prevent Spyware from accessing your computer in the first place. The two programs compliment each other.

ChrisRLG 11:39 02 Nov 04

Also check out ie-spyad and others.

Links on my site click here

Also for spybot - advanced mode - tools resident - Check the box for teatimer.

That is the runtime program that will check like you AV for any changes being made to (critical areas of) the regestry. To test it try changing your home page to something else - a popup window will tell you 'something' is changing it, you can then stop the change with teatimer.

Audeal 12:31 02 Nov 04

ChrisRLG: your link doesn't work.

Green 1 01:45 03 Nov 04

Many thanks I hope I`ve done it right.

ChrisRLG 10:06 08 Nov 04

sorry link click here

david.h 15:53 08 Nov 04

i have always had immunize on, never caused any problems for me.

Kase 16:03 08 Nov 04

Added to my listings for reference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…