spybot and immunization

p;3 21:09 27 Mar 07

yes I have spybot on board; but surely the immunization method only works if you have spybot up and running constantly while the comp is on? or am I wrong? I have noticed that if I ask it to immunize then close the program I have to repeat the process

VoG II 21:13 27 Mar 07

As I understand it, Immunize sets kill bits in the registry to prevent spyware from installing. This is the same method used by Spywareblaster. Neither program has to be running to be effective in this way.

VoG II 21:32 27 Mar 07
  beynac 22:03 27 Mar 07

When you click on the 'Immunize' button (shield icon on the left) after updating, do you then click on 'Immunize' on the top menu (green cross icon)? If you just click on the button you will get the symptoms you mention.

gudgulf 23:05 27 Mar 07

If I understand this right Spybot S&D's Immunise function works in a similar way to Spywareblaster but only in Internet Explorer.

I'm not sure if it sets "killbits" in the registry as SpywareBlaster does or adds to the IE restricted site list.

Whatever, I use it, as well as SpywareBlaster and IE SpyAd........along with Spybots Hosts file block list.

Based on the principle of prevention rather than cure I find it a very useful feature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant