SPYBOT HELP NEEDED -WHAT IS A DIALLER?

frankzappa 12:30 05 Oct 03

OK ive got spybot, cleared all the errors but when i go into the excludes file it shows me lots of programs , diallers , trojans
etc
a what is excludes file
b what is a dialler and how do i delete them from

Jester2K II 12:32 05 Oct 03

A dialler is a program designed to call Premium rate numbers.

Delete them by ticking the box next to them and then clicking Fix Selected problems. This was mentioned in your other thread on this too...

muppetmark 12:32 05 Oct 03

The excludes file contains items that Spybot will not destroy, if any are ticked spybot leaves them alone. You don't need to do anything in there unless you want an item being excluded from the search HTH

Jester2K II 12:32 05 Oct 03

Excludes file is stuff that it detects that you want to keep or exclude from the scan. Really it should be empty becuase you don't want Spybot not to detect threats.

Jester2K II 12:33 05 Oct 03

Make sure ALL the excludes are unchecked.

frankzappa 12:38 05 Oct 03

thanks for that
ok so let me get this straight
i need spybot to detect these mallicious programs , diallers trojans etcso in order for it to do that i need to keep them unchecked on the excludes list?

If this is the case is there any or no way i can make them not visible?

Thanks for your help and patience
as you might have noticed im a newbie ;)

Jester2K II 12:40 05 Oct 03

I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Basically you are using Spybot to detect dialler sna malicous programs. If you tick ANY of the boxes under Excludes it'll NOT detect that item. Leave all the Excludes UNTICKED.

Run Spybot. Tick items you want to remove in the list of findings that appears at the end of the scan and then hit Fix Selected Problems.

Done.

Jester2K II 12:42 05 Oct 03

By the way the list on the excludes is a list of the items Spy-Bot detects Not items on your PC.

Why would you want to make them not visible? Or so i misunderstand??

frankzappa 12:56 05 Oct 03

ok i think ive got it .
leave all these lists in excludes catorgeries unticked so spybot will check for them in scan . right?

ok basically i dont want them visible so my father in law will see the diallers and malware and things i have been looking at that I shouildnt have been . nothing really heavy just that hes very religious. and he is a computer person blah blah blah.....

thanks

muppetmark 13:00 05 Oct 03

leave all these lists in excludes catorgeries unticked so spybot will check for them in scan . Correct.

As a computer person he should know that these things arrive uninvited, using spybot shows you are doing what you can to avoid this. :o)

-pops- 13:12 05 Oct 03

I wouldn't allow my father in law (if I had one) near my computer. What is on your computer is your affair and nothing to do with anyone else, especially in-laws, surely.

You say you've been looking at "diallers and malware and things". I doubt that you have in the way you say. They may have appeared as a result of you going to places that might best be left unvisited but these things can appear from visits almost anywhere on the web so don't feel guilty about that side of things.

However, to stop all these nasties ever appearing on your computer, look at click here SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever being installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…