spybot found Win32.Agent.AQ what is this

patso 17:54 12 Apr 08

after running Spybot if found Win.32.Agent.Aq it says it is a reg value and is in microsoft/As project/Microsotft update.is this a trojan or is it genuine as i googled and found nothing i also searched the helproomforum first with no luck,any ideas thanks

Cockney Rebel 18:00 12 Apr 08

Found this on Google without using the aq bit.Hope this helps.click here

it could be a form of bagel, which is a pretty widespread email account intrusion. try removing in safe mode with spybot, reboot twice and scan again. if it remains and you are not comfortable with manual removal try running click here nabel aq from the drop down list.

bagleaq worm from dropdown list even

from spybot forum
click here
also
click here

patso 18:18 12 Apr 08

thanks i did what you suggested and am running the bagle worm cleaner.before i ran spybot i ran avg which found nothing?then spybot found this any ideas again and thanks again for the replies

patso 18:23 12 Apr 08

just an update it Baq clean has told me Bagle was not found on my system gpon to reboot and run again in safe mode and post back thanks again

try asquared
latest version+update it and run in safemode
click here

if it's a reg value it's possible it's a trace left by avg. run the agent cleaner (top one)on my previous link wont do any harm will just put mind to rest

patso 14:54 13 Apr 08

done all in safe mode.ran sptbot again got this message
there were problems in the include file C\program files\spybot search destroy\include\trojansc.s.b
see include errors.log for details when this came up i clicked ok ran spybot again annd it only found a couple of cookies any idea what the error msg was

VCR97 20:33 13 Apr 08

It seems to be because you have version 1.4 of Spybot. See Spybot forum.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…