Spybot, firefox, windows music crashing....

WhoWhu 06:09 03 Mar 08

This may be redundant----------

I have windows XP pro (SP2) on an AMD 2300. I have 3 fans back, side and front in working order. Tower is place low with suitable temp & air ventilation. System is about 3 years old.

I run AVG, Ad Ware o7. Spy Blaster and Zone Alarm
firewall. All are current on downloads and scans. FireFox was 7.02 but I updated today with no change in crashes. I downloaded CCleaner from CNET which decreased crashes.

Intermittently I blow the dust out, make a visual inspection. There are times when the system does NOT boot and cycles in attempts to do so. Occasionally, I'll get the BIOS page with a prompt to check for processor to be set to at least 333. (WTF?) I shut the bastar.. off for an hour and come back, it usually boots but with the menu of where/ how to start. Usually I spend 1-2 hours online. FireFox has shut down in 15 mins of use.

I have 4GB of downloaded music and use my computer for email and news. The music will play for at least 3 hours and rarely crashes - but does. No gaming or memory intensive programs.

I am a beginner.

WW

Diodorus Siculus 08:09 03 Mar 08

A repair install of XP may help; I'm not sure that overheating is the immediate cause of your problems.

click here for a guide.

I'm not sure what version of FireFox you have - the latest is 2.0.0.12

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now