Spybot & Firefox Cookies

johndrew 12:05 19 Jan 06

I have upgraded from Spybot v1.3 to v1.4 and on the first run it showed a lot of tracking cookies all of which were Firefox related. Having never seen this with v1.3 I wondered if anyone knew whether changes have been made to the later version or if I need to change some setting or what?

My browsing hasn`t changed in the week since I last ran a full check.

Skyver 12:08 19 Jan 06

Probably updated to check for Firefox too. Unless someone more knowledgeable can put me right, cookie warnings are nothing to worry about.

johndrew 12:22 19 Jan 06

Thanks Skyver.

I`m not worried about them particularly, but curious as to why they should be there. You are probably right and it`s part of the upgrade but at the same time Firefox has been in use for ages and Spybot v1.3 has been upgraded many times since I first installed it.

Bit strange.

flimbo 13:10 19 Jan 06

Ad-aware sometimes finds many Firefox cookies on my PC. Enable Mozilla/Firefox protection in SpywareBlaster and they don't return.
I only noticed this after reinstalling Firefox a few times and forgetting to re-enable the setting in Spywareblaster.
HTH

flimbo 13:11 19 Jan 06

Oops I meant Spybot instead of Ad-Aware but they both do the same job in the end.

johndrew 19:45 19 Jan 06

Thanks all. This may be of interest to others as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…