Spybot & DSOExploit

SURVEY 10:39 22 Nov 04

I am using Spybot as recommended by PC Advisor. All works well except on every search DSOExploit is found and recommended for isolating. Despite checking the box,why does this file keep reoccurring? From Explorer I note that itin Windows 98SE resides in Windows\Application Data\Spybot\Search & Destroy\Recovery. Surely once checked for action, it should not pop up again? Using Find under Tools Explorer I note that several versions of this (1,2,3,4,5)zipfile reside now under Application Data\Spybot-Saerch & Destroy\Recovery. Same occurs on another computer running XP2.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 10:42 22 Nov 04

This is a known problem, DSO exploit will continue to be reported by Spybot, but exploit will be OK. You should choose to ignore it.

ACOLYTE 10:46 22 Nov 04

On my xp rig the DSO expliot was shown on every scan i think it was a bug in spybot that shows it even tho its been taken care of,i added them to the ignores list now it doesnt keep showing it every scan.There was a link to an update to spybot but i cant find the link despite looking for it.

SURVEY 10:47 22 Nov 04

JaßîsFaß - Thank you for your response. I thought that I had read your advice somewhere else. I assume that even deleting the file(s) in Explorer under the directory mentioned will not eradicate the reporting? Does anyone know exactly what DSOEploit actually is?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 11:09 22 Nov 04

Have a read here click here

ACOLYTE 11:19 22 Nov 04

There is also a 1.3.2beta version out but it was not supposed to be released to the public yet.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…