Spybot-&D and Internet explorer issues/message

smartieb 11:44 30 Sep 05

Following a recently virus attack i am slowly returning my computer to its pre attack state. I have been using spybot search/destroy for some while before the attack and everything worked fine.
Since the attack i have stepped up my secruity and put spybot onto its highest secruity settings possible.
However whenever i connect to the internet via internet explorer i get the following message in Spybot S&D resident box
'Spybot S&D reports that you want to download double click'. his is a known threat. Do you want to block this download'
This message seems to mostly appear when using ebay andcan flash up every time there is a screen change.
This message also appears when visting other sites but double click is replace by 'Avenue A, Inc"
These messages only appear when using internet explorer. If i access via msn then these messages do not appear so i assume it is something to do with IE.
Have i set some setting too high - don't even know what these 2 programms are
Any help greatly appreciated.

Yoda Knight 11:56 30 Sep 05

They are not something you want on your pc. Easiest option I think would be to use firefox (or MSN explorer if you like :{ )

Run an online scan from here: click here just to make sure you are clean

Zaphod Beeblebrox 11:57 30 Sep 05

double click and avenue A cookies that tracks your web usage for advertising more nusance value than serious threat

you will need to allow them to access sites you can always delete them when your internet session has finished

go into spybot advanced settings ingore products cookies.sbi check the ones you want to allow through to view your sites

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:57 30 Sep 05

DoubleClick develops the tools that advertisers, direct marketers and web publishers use to plan, execute and analyze marketing programs.

Avenue A, Inc
Marketing, research and vendor evaluations

= tracks your internet usage, both put spyware on your PC without your permission.

gudgulf 12:16 30 Sep 05

Open SpyBot S&D and click on the Immunize button....At the bottom of the page in the Browser helper section make sure you have it set to "Block all bad pages silently" and not "Ask for confirmation" or " Display dialogue".

That should get rid of the popup boxes.

As for Avenue-A and Double click....these are merely tracking cookies and not a real threat.

smartieb 14:50 30 Sep 05

Once again a excellent community - solved and quickly
thank you - wish i had the expertise to help peoale out in a similiar way

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…