Spybot 1.5 and Hosts File

guesswho2 09:23 24 Sep 07

I have just noticed that the Hosts File now contains many 100s of entries which apparently have been placed there by Spybot (1.5). This never happened with version 1.4. Is this normal?
The other thing is that Spybot 1.5 now takes MINUTES to open - is this normal?

i have recently looked at spybot, zone alarm and ad aware, all programs i have used in the past and they all seem to have lost their way a little IMHO.
bookmark and post a thread on click here

rawprawn 11:01 24 Sep 07

I don't know about the Hosts file because I update mine regularly using Ad Aware Pro. However I have noticed that Spybot is very slow to start.

tullie 11:05 24 Sep 07

Mine takes 7 to 10secs

cocteau48 11:27 24 Sep 07

- 17 seconds for the load progress bar to appear.
Spybot has always been slow to load but I think it has got worse with the latest update.

guesswho2 12:24 24 Sep 07

Hmm. I've had a look at the Spybot forum and it would certainly appear that 1.5 can be a nuisance.
Thanks folks for your comments. I'll maybe stop using it for the time being and rely on AdAware and Asquared.

mfletch 12:41 24 Sep 07

Hi all,

Well I got fed up with Spybot and Adaware 2007,

Problems with updates {Adaware} and the nuisance of the tea-timer in Spybot so got rid of both,

Know rely on Superantispyware/ AVG Antispyware/ Spywareblaster/ for my stand alone software programs,

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…