spybot

pat2068 18:36 03 Jun 04

when i scan with spybot it is telling me i have DSO EXPLOIT 5 entries but when i press for it to fix them it is telling me it has fixed them but when i scan again they are still there can anyone tell me how to get rid of them thanks leo

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:39 03 Jun 04

Disable system restore (right-click on My Computer'-properties-system restore-turn off system restore), reboot, re-enable system restore, set new restore point.

G

dagwoood 19:34 03 Jun 04

D.S.O.exploits aren't spyware. Spybot is picking up changes made to your registry. Have a read of the following thread:

click here

There have been several threads posted about Spybot showing D.S.O.exploit problems on peoples systems.

Hope this helps, dagwoood.

pat2068 22:30 03 Jun 04

sorry for the delay in getting back but can you tell me how i get spybot to ignore the DOS entries thanks leo

pat2068 23:14 03 Jun 04

bump

dagwoood 02:52 04 Jun 04

After you've performed the scan and you have the D.S.O.items that spybot has found, highlight the first item by right clicking on it, then left click to bring up an options menu.

I'm sorry but I can't remember the exact wording(as it's been a while since I did this), but on the menu there is an option to ignore the item in future scans, or wording to that effect.

Repeat this procedure for each item(make sure there's a tick in the box to the left of each item).

If you run a scan after doing this, then the offending items shouldn't be picked up by Spybot.

It's my turn to appologise for being tardy! Had a small problem with my system configuration(been messing about with some settings, as you do)and I hadn't logged on to the forum.

Hope this helps, dagwoood.

pat2068 03:05 04 Jun 04

thanks dagwoood that has done it leo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…