Spybot 1.4 updating problems

hatrickj 08:14 15 Jul 05

I have just installed 1.4 and find that I too am experiencing 10061 errors that are shown as supposedly resolved in another thread.

Is there any setting I need change or can I update by downloading another way then manually installing. I've made a web search but what, if anyrhing, turns up is not helpful. Full instructions will be most appreciated. Thank you.

VoG II 08:21 15 Jul 05

In Spybot's Update window, try selecting EON (Australia) from the drop-down list of download sites.

hatrickj 09:40 15 Jul 05

Sorry, you've lost me. I cannot find the item you mention in the update window.

VoG II 09:44 15 Jul 05

The button to the right of Search for updates. It is probably set to Safer Networking #1 (Europe). Click the arrow and select EON (Australia).

hatrickj 10:29 15 Jul 05

But the button to right shows <<No server selceted> and the drop down box is read- won't open!

VoG II 10:36 15 Jul 05

It should look like click here

hatrickj 11:20 15 Jul 05

That's what I am talking about. But clicking on that or the little botton at the r.h. edge does absolutely nothing at all. No drop down box appears.

pj123 11:57 15 Jul 05

I have Spybot 1.3 but when I "search for updates" I get "No newer updates available"??? even when using EON (Australia).

bretsky 13:38 15 Jul 05

Servers could be down,try again later. click here I use 1.3 and get same as pj123.

bretsky ;0)

hatrickj 09:26 16 Jul 05

Bretsky, thanks for the link.

Kooking at the dates of the link-forum posts, that rfer to an ongoing problem, I do not feel encouraged to continue with Spybot, as the *actual* ability to update definitions would seem essential.

Am I being too harsh or should Spybot users be looking for an alternative program?

pj123 11:05 16 Jul 05

Just realised, Spybot 1.4 is not an update it is a completely new version. Have downloaded it from download.com and installed it. All went smoothly and no problems.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…