Spybot 1.3 and 1.4 problem

albu 15:22 10 Oct 05

Spybot 1.3 failed to download detection updates, uninstalled 1.3 and installed 1.4. Spybot 1.4 can't check for problems as there is no detection updates found, mirror sites checked also. Attempt after attempt also brought about a bad checksum.

Spybot used to be reliable, now its a joke.Is there anything else to use instead of spybot?

What's happened? Any help, please?

Many thanks!

Forum Editor 15:31 10 Oct 05

the bad checksum error in Spybot 1.4

I'll try to find out what's going on.

pj123 15:32 10 Oct 05

I am using Spybot 1.4 no problem. Bad checksums check this thread:

click here

freaky 15:41 10 Oct 05

I had the checksum error fairly recently. Tried again a few days later and the update downloaded with no problems.

sattman 15:49 10 Oct 05

This used to be a fairly common problem, be patient and wait a day or so. you will find it will update with no problem.

BibleGuru 16:29 10 Oct 05

I resolved the bad checksum problem by doing the following (based on version 1.4 layout):

1. Select "check for updates"
2. Before you tick any of the downloadable files available check that "See-Cure #2 (Europe)" is highlighted in the icon just right of "Search for updates" icon.
3. Tick the download files you want then click "Download updates" button (at top of screen)
4. You should have had a successful download!

When I previously received the bad checksum error, I noticed that "EON Australia" was defaulted and not "See-Cure #2 (Europe)"

pj123 16:40 10 Oct 05

Just tried what you said and works perfectly. Mine was defaulted to EON Australia. Thanks.

Forum Editor 16:51 10 Oct 05

Many thanks - I hadn't noticed that.

My default was set to Safer networking#(Europe), and although your server was better, it still returned a checksum error on one update. It finally downloaded after four attempts however.

Stuartli 17:07 10 Oct 05

There have been two or three recent threads about the problems obtaining S and D updates, bad checksum notices and the advice to switch to another server.

If I've had any problems downloading updates I just switch to the Aussie server which usually works first time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…