spybot

vinnyo123 03:28 11 Jan 04

I have noticed for awhile now that spybot online update does not work for weeks.Does anybody else have this problem.I heard this from two other sources also....?

hugh-265156 04:07 11 Jan 04

the last update was 31/december/03

to see the date of your last update start up spybot and click tools/about

if you cannot download from one location try another,the servers are busy a lot of the time,this may give an error or just tell you that you are up to date.sometimes it takes a few days for my web update to show the new file.

you can download and install the detection updates manually from click here

just download the spybotsd_includes.exe.click it and point it to "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\" or to the location where you installed spybot.

temp003 04:08 11 Jan 04

No problem for me. Sometimes the server may be too busy. After you've checked that updates are available, it may help if you change the download site to another server (such as Australia) which works for me all the time.

QQAA 05:28 11 Jan 04

due to the same persistent update problem encountered by me in the past 6 months. Also I felt it does not offer any noticeable performance/power advantage over Ad-aware to justify its place in my PC at this juncture.

However, I have to admit that it had played a very important role in my defense against spywares during the period of about 1 year when Ad-aware (before becoming v6.0) stopped providing updates for the definition files as it undergone a lengthy corporate transition.

david.h 15:45 12 Jan 04

as tempo said always use the us or aussie server the european one is always faulty

Jonathan314159 16:47 12 Jan 04

thanks for the tip - australia worked for me, was struggling before that

Jester2K 16:55 12 Jan 04

Well its freeware so i'm not going to moan about the length of time between updates. (Gift Horse & Mouth comes to mind)

However SpyBot and Adaware both have their pros and cons and for that reason i'll continue using SpyBot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…