SpyAxe & SpyTrooper

7squadron 19:43 12 Dec 05

Somehow SpyAxe & SpyTrooper have got through my McAfee firewall.
I have deleted the programmes in Add/Remove, and unticked them in the startup on msconfig, but they remain.
I have updted & scanned with Spybot, Ad-Aware & aol Spyware.
How can I get rid of them, & the irritating icons in the taskbar which keep popping up messages

VoG II 20:08 12 Dec 05

click here

* It is necessary that you Close all other programs and windows including this one. So you should print or save these instruction locally in a text file for easy reference while offline.

* Double click on smitRem.exe and then click on Start. When it is done, click on the OK button. You should now have a folder called smitRem on your desktop.

* Next, please reboot your computer in Safe mode

* Once you have booted in Safe Mode and your Desktop appears, make sure you close any other windows and only run what is specified.

* Open the smitRem folder on your desktop and double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool.

* Follow the prompts on screen and wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

* When the tool is finished, it will will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or the partition where your operating system is installed. Examining that log should show that the infection was cleaned.

* Now reboot your computer into Normal Mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…