* It is necessary that you Close all other programs and windows including this one. So you should print or save these instruction locally in a text file for easy reference while offline.
* Double click on smitRem.exe and then click on Start. When it is done, click on the OK button. You should now have a folder called smitRem on your desktop.
* Next, please reboot your computer in Safe mode
* Once you have booted in Safe Mode and your Desktop appears, make sure you close any other windows and only run what is specified.
* Open the smitRem folder on your desktop and double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool.
* Follow the prompts on screen and wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.
* When the tool is finished, it will will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or the partition where your operating system is installed. Examining that log should show that the infection was cleaned.
* Now reboot your computer into Normal Mode.