spy-ware help

bobbybluenose 11:58 18 Apr 08

hi all i foolishly left my account open and my kids have been messing i seem to have gained few extra spy ware programs O/S winxp i have got avg s/ware s/ware blaster super anti s/ware c/cleaner threat fire a squared what can i GED rid of and what is the best to keep.

Taff™ 12:18 18 Apr 08

Are these the "extra" spyware programs they have installed? If so I admire their selection. All do a pretty good job but having so many might be a bit over the top!

bobbybluenose 12:29 18 Apr 08

Taff they downloaded avg leave it or ged rid

Taff™ 13:04 18 Apr 08

If they just downloaded the AVG Antispyware I wouldn`t panic. I personally haven`t used it because I use a-squared with spybot search & destroy as a second line of attack. None of the mentioned spyware programs will conflict as far as I know, and running one will clear up malware and then another might pick up some additional threats. Every week I would try one program first and follow up with a-squared, noting how each program initially performs. If a-squared finds significantly more than the original scan I`d remove it and use one of the others. Hope that makes sense!

I found that SuperAntiSpyware rarely found anything that a-squared didn`t catch so that was removed from my system. I suspect the AVG Antispyware will not significantly enhance your detection of malware either but I must admit I haven`t tested one against the other.

bobbybluenose 13:18 18 Apr 08

thans Taff will try bobby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017