Spy ware

Maurellis 12:20 24 Sep 07

How can I stop pop-ups from taking over my browser and forcing me to shut it down if I don't download their spyware? I am using broadband, with Vista and IE7. I have the popup stopper engaged but it doesnt seem stop them.

Maurellis

pac73 12:28 24 Sep 07

Try Google toolbar.
Or even better try Frefox.click here

EARLR 12:29 24 Sep 07

I agree get firefox

Good luck

mfletch 12:34 24 Sep 07

Hi first have you turned off your messenger service?

Second use SAS Superantispyware FREE this should remove any unwanted nasties,

First Delete All Temp Internet Files and All Cookies,

Then.

Download this Free Antispyware {Superantispyware} Before using the Antispyware for the first time check for any updates.

click here

Hope this is helpful,

mfletch

that would suggest you already have something nasty onboard, try a scan with click here

FreeCell 12:36 24 Sep 07

Seen similar problems caused by rootkit infection. Download AVG anti-rootkit and check you are clear.

click here

Maurellis 12:51 24 Sep 07

I have Google + Firefox + Spyware doctor + System Mechanic + AVG + Adaware.
I still have some sites hijacking my browser forcing me to shut down and restart. I copy their URLs into Explorers 'Ban sites' area but this doesn't seem to stop them
Any other suggestions?

pac73 16:28 24 Sep 07

Do as mfletch says,try Superantispyware.Its free,and a well thought of program.
And also try Spybot s&d,which is also free.click here

Maurellis 16:29 24 Sep 07

I have tried all the suggestions but still keep getting hijacked. The latest trick they have pulled is to place a message within my site as I work on it, using dreamweaver. Luckily I spotted it in the HTML before uploading. Is there anything else I can do.
By the way, what is, and how do I turn off, my Messenger service?
Thanks,
Maurellis

pac73 16:34 24 Sep 07

Ok,have you tried AVG Antispywareclick here

Or A squared there both free.click here

birdface 16:38 24 Sep 07

If you have the paid for version of Spyware Doctor.I would have thought that would have fixed it.So we can take it it is something serious.Have you downloaded Messenger Plus lately.Do you have any extra programs in your favorites that you have not put there.It sounds a bit like lop.com or one of the Lop variants.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…