Spy Sweeper or Counterspy?

Major Disaster 17:15 26 Sep 05

I was just looking at antispyware and Spy Sweeper and Counterspy get good reviews. Just wondering which one is better. Also noticed that CounterSpy bares more than a passing resemblance to MSAS.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:45 26 Sep 05

Why pay for either when you can get just as good free?

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here
a2 click here
Spyware Sweeper click here
MSoftAntispy Beta click here
Ewido click here

Forum Editor 18:30 26 Sep 05

and it seems fine. It just gets on with the job, does it automatically, and my input has been almost nil - which is what you want from security software I would have thought.

stalion 18:37 26 Sep 05

I have a good anti-virus program,spywareblaster,adaware and a firewall
I only use the add ons if necessary suffice to say no problems for over a year.Why pay inflated prices for protection when you don't need it

Major Disaster 19:40 26 Sep 05

Thanks for the response.

Fruit Bat /\0/\, i am curious as to how you say there are free alternatives and then point me to a Spyware Sweeper (the programme i was originally asking about) download at Major Geeks that clearly states it is "License: Subscription"!

Any websites where there are compartivies between the two?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:48 26 Sep 05

There is a difference between spy sweeper click here

and spyware sweeper obviously got my links wrong.

I think spyware sweeper came from downloads.com

Major Disaster 19:53 26 Sep 05

Nope they are the same programme (both Webroot's Spy Sweeper). Search in google for spy sweeper and then spyware sweeper, both get the same hits for webroot, if not totall convinced, have a look at the images and the packaging and screen shots are the same!

So, Any websites where there are compartivies between the two (Spyware/Spy sweeper and Counterspy (both paid for))?

stalion 19:56 26 Sep 05

install spywareblaster if you do not have it, prevents spyware from entering your pc in the first place click here

Major Disaster 20:12 26 Sep 05

Got it already, maybe im being paranoid, i have Spybot, Adaware, Spywareb Blaster, Avast and ewido for scanning, Mcafee av (paid for), Mcafee Firewall (old version - free), MSAS and Prevx.

Jackcoms 20:17 26 Sep 05

Overkill on the anti-spyware.

And why are you running 2 AV programs - Avast and McAfee? They must clash horribly.

Major Disaster 20:53 26 Sep 05

I dont use Avast for real time, just scanning or as a back up if Mcafee runs into some problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…