Spy Sweeper Anti-Spyware and Cookies

thegreypanther 09:31 18 Nov 06

I run Windows Defender, Spybot, and Adaware (as well as Norton's Internet Security). But after reading PC Advisor's recent article on "Disarm Net Threats" I gave Spy Sweeper a try.
Amongst the hundreds of cookies identified on my PC by Spy Sweeper, it has listed 40 as needing removal. To do this I must pay a subscription (of £25, I believe).
My question is, simply, do these cookies REALLY matter and is it worth paying £25 to add Spy Sweeper to my armoury? Is there likely to be any real threat form the 40 identified cookies?
Sorry to sound ignorant.

Diodorus Siculus 09:49 18 Nov 06

Get CCleaner from CCleaner.com - it will remove cookies for free. Or you can do it yourself for free. No need to pay anything.

Cookies that need removal are generally tracking cookies that offer you specific ads - nothing to be concerned about.

anskyber 09:53 18 Nov 06

Also if you look in Spybot it has a cookie removal facility which allows ones you are happy with to be saved.

This site for example can be kept as "signed in" (if you wish) but needs the cookie keeping. A matter of choice really.

birdface 10:19 18 Nov 06

Do not use C Cleaner at the moment, Conflict between it and IE7, You can go to tools, Internet Options,And delete cookies from there,

birdface 10:24 18 Nov 06

Long time since I had Norton I/S. Does that not have a program for Accepting or deleting cookies, My own view is it is not worth Paying out £25 just to delete cookies,

VoG II 10:29 18 Nov 06

CleanUp! click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now