Spy hunter, spy bot, wot bot???

v1asco 23:15 29 Jun 04

Just come back after a few months and found incredifind has taken over.
Came across spy hunter on google which identified keenvalue, incrdeifind and wpupdater as severe files.
It wants 30$ to remobve them. Much as I hate giving out money on the net, is this a good outfit to use or is there better/freer/more reliable around?
I have also found some instructions using registry, loathe to try that.
And no, the incredifnd unistaller was not there.

Thanks in advance,

Bugle

VoG II 23:19 29 Jun 04

click here

click here

wupdater is part of keenvalue

v1asco 07:34 30 Jun 04

tried both links. Spy bot dumped some but not incredifind. Ideally an automatic zapper for incredifind ill be good.

JYPX 14:07 30 Jun 04

bugle, I don't know if you buy the mag every month (PC ADVISOR) but I can strongly recomend it...(I have no connection with them). The advice given in last months issue was pretty mind blowing. The jist of it was that we should all seriously consider using FOUR spyware detection tools (spybot, ad-aware, pestpatrol and spysweeper.The first 2 have a free version - the other 2 offer a trial. Judging from the variety of stuff that I have seen picked up by these 4 I have a feeling that PC ADVISOR are gonna turn out to be right about this threat.......

byfordr 14:38 30 Jun 04
  GroupFC 14:53 30 Jun 04

Interesting links!

JYPX 15:21 30 Jun 04

many thanks for the first link byfordr, I am on the forum right now.

v1asco 09:17 01 Jul 04

tried em all and now free of intrusions and hopefully protected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…