Spring file clear out

Wes Tam ;-) 09:42 18 Apr 04

Having picked up on a couple of threads recently the need to clean out old AVG update files and old AdAware log files I managed to delete 66MB of them.

I'm posting this firstly for any members who may have missed these threads and could do with a clear out, and secondly to ask if there are any similar items that need a spring clean.

ps thanks to those who woke me up to this - they're now in my 'things to do' list.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:07 18 Apr 04

This one is rarely done as the 'show all files' tab in folder options (control panel)is unticked by default.

Tick it and go to C-documents and settings-and click on each user-cookies and dump all the files within (there may be none saved as they sometimes are oput in the local settings). Then go back to the user and go to local settings. There will be 4 folders. Delete verything in history-temp and temp internet. The history files may show as a number of days, there is no need to open them, just select 'all' and delete all the days...they will be rebuilt.

Wes Tam ;-) 11:08 18 Apr 04

Thanks GANDALF <|:-)>, but I've only got as far as your 1st sentence.

Excuse my ignorance but what is "go to C-documents and settings-and click on each user-cookies"? I'm using ME and can't find the route.

btw is it OK to clear out the C:Download folder and C:unzipped folder?

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:51 18 Apr 04

'btw is it OK to clear out the C:Download folder and C:unzipped folder?'....yes

Sorry, assumed that you were using XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…